Jacksonville State University


JSU's Website: http://www.jsu.edu
JSU's Dual Enrollment Website:
(copied from http://www.jsu.edu/academicaffairs/Accelerated.html )

A student may be admitted as an accelerated high school student by meeting the following conditions:
  • Applicants must have earned a “B” average or better in ninth grade work.
  • Applicants must have completed the ninth grade before enrolling as accelerated students.
  • All applicants must have written permission of their principal and/or superintendent.
  • All applicants must submit an application to the University as an accelerated student along with the non-refundable application fee of $30.00.
  • Dual enrollment credit for high school units may be granted by the school system. High school units may be earned in addition to college credits with the permission of the superintendent.

Accelerated students are subject to all rules and regulations of the University as well as its rights and privileges. Accelerated students may register for 100 or 200 level courses in any academic field in which the student has completed high school requirements and/or prerequisites. Accelerated students must maintain a “C” average or better in all attempted coursework and a “B” average in high school.

College Credit For Accelerated Students Will Be Awarded Only After The Student Has Graduated From High School And Has Completed All Freshman Admission Requirements To Jacksonville State University. Official Transcripts Are Not Available To Students Until Admission Requirements Are Satisfied.


First, contact your high school counselor or principal and request that a High School Approval Form be submitted to JSU for you to participate in the Accelerated/Dual Enrollment Program.  Applicants must have earned a “B” average or better in 9th grade work.  Students must have the permission from the school counselor, principal or superintendent to participate in the Accelerated Pre-College program.

Second, apply online by going to the following link and completing the Accelerated High School Application: http://www.jsu.edu/admissions/forms.html


Contact your high school counselor or the Office of Academic Affairs at (256)782-5284 or crose@jsu.edu
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.