Student PowerPoint Examples (Sardis High School - Mrs. Johnson's Class)
How to make a clinometer.
1. Tie the string to the vertex point of the protractor. This is called the plumb line.
2. Tape the index card to the back side of the protractor.
3. Tape the straw to the straight edge of the protractor. This will be called the viewing tube.
4. Tie the washer to the other end of the plumb line.
5. Hold the device in such a way that when the top of the object is sighted through the viewing tube, the plumb line crossed the angle measurements on the protractor forming and acute angle. This will be your angle of elevation.